Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
Community Announcement: Side-by-Side Sections
As a citizen developer and a creative designer, you're probably looking for different ways to present information intuitively, making it efficient for the technicians to collect data in the field.
We're very excited to introduce a new feature, Side-by-Side Sections that will help you achieve your goals and do more. This feature allows you to display questions and answers side-by-side on a section, helping you fit about 2X more information on a single screen, reduce scrolling time, and maintain context for field users.
Here’s an example of a Side-by-Side Section on the Form Builder and how it looks on the Mobile App
Some benefits you can expect from using this feature:
- Better end-user experience: Reduces scrolling and back-and-forth navigation, making the experience smoother, faster, and less tiring for the field user.
- Speedier completion of forms: Answers are stacked closer together for faster tapping or tabbing.
- Fit more information on a single screen: Makes it easier for field users to scan for context within and across sections.
- Easy to implement: By the builder/citizen developer.
Here’s a practical example as outlined by our Product Team:
- Problem: Typical EHS forms used by many industries are long. They often contain many yes/no questions and button groups that contain little text. With the current ‘over-under’ layout, they take up the entire width of a section unnecessarily.
- Solution: Converting these sections to side-by-side sections reduces the form’s length by 50% or more, enables faster navigation, and speeds up data capture.
ProntoForms is always looking to improve our product so that you can build and iterate field service solutions rapidly and make your field users' lives easier. As a citizen developer, the Side-by-Side Sections feature will tool you up to deliver on that premise.
For more information on how to implement Side-by-Side Sections, please check out our Product Documentation here: Side-by-Side Sections.