Looking for information about TrueContext features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
Why did a field in my Form that is marked as a required question come through with no answer?
There are potentially many different reasons that your required field came through blank. Please go through the following troubleshooting steps.
- Ensure the Conditional Logic rules you have on this Form do not contradict having this field set to required. For example having a rule that sets this field to not visible will ensure the question comes through blank.
- Confirm the question is not on a page that could be ignored by conditional logic
- Conditional logic can override the Required status on a question. If a question is set to both Hidden on Device and Required, and is on a page that has conditional logic showing or hiding the page, then data may not be pushed to the question and the user is unable to interact with it. If a user does not interact with a question or page, the validation or data pushes may not occur. Some occurrences of this can be resolved by selecting the Always Submit Page Data option as demonstrated here.
- Check the Data Source to see if a value that was meant to be pushed into this field is indeed there
- Ensure the user is running on all of the latest software both for their device and the app itself